Friday, July 29, 2011

I Believe: Go Azkals! World Cup Qualifying Game vs. Kuwait

July is a very busy month for a wondermom like me, as in full of activities that are normally not in my mommy calendar.  It felt good to have hours-off to do something that is totally unrelated to motherhood like watch a musical comedy play (Care Divas which I totally loved), participate in a fun run (Takbo para sa Japan), and watch an Azkals football game (Yey for the first time).

I felt my energy coming back, that not even negative people or news around can zap it! I have never felt that "alive" in a long time, that all my senses are in full battle, waiting in anticipation of what is to come, hoping against all odds that the Azkals may hurdle the challenge against Kuwait. The beating of the drums felt like echoes of my heartbeat.

I often feel alive when I play with my children, keeping up with their energy is a totally different feeling. I had to eat a lot after or else I will be pagoda coldwave lotion hehe!




But there at the stadium, waiting with my officemates at the bleachers with no roof,only our rain coats to protect us from the drizzling rain, I didn't feel tired.  It felt good to feel the cold rain, it heightened the anticipation even more.  The stadium was full-packed, groups of all ages, families bringing their kids, students, barkadas, and like us, urban professionals going to watch after work, and all kinds of football fanatics.

It was my first time to watch a football game in person.  I have to admit I am a football fan just recently, and I do not know the football lingo or rules. I dont even know most of the players, I only know my favorite, which is number 10 :  ). 

Number 10!

The stadium went wild with the first goal of the Azkals, I felt I won the lotto, everybody was jumping up and down. 

However, the energy eventually deflating when the Kuwait made 2 goals nearing the end.  Even if I am a newbie football fan, I can see that much needs to be improved.  The World Cup will be a long journey but so much worth it.

The Philippine Azkals team deserved a standing ovation.   I am proud of them for putting the country in the World Cup map, for bringing pride to the country for their spirit, for inspiring so many Filipinos to love football, and for fighting and not giving up, no matter how difficult it was.  There is hope.  One step at a time. 

And you can be sure that by 2018, I will be in the stands with my children, cheering the Azkals, joining them in their journey again, and I bet that many Filipinos will be there!


(pictures from JICA people)


--Wondermom A. (It feels good to be alive!)

No comments:

Post a Comment