Monday, July 25, 2011

Care Divas 2011: Ang Chikang Itrelz na bonggels!

I saw "Care Divas" last friday night produced by Divine Lee.

The show is phenomenal.






Care Divas is a disarmingly funny and candid musical drama. It is a story about five Filipino transgender migrant workers who have emigrated to Israel to work as health care providers for the elderly and who in their spare time, perform as drag queens. While desperate to make ends meet in another country, they also struggle to search for freedom and acceptance. Entertaining as it is, the play also demonstrates the generosity of spirit, resilience and humanity of Filipinos.
(Source: www.divinemlee.com)

For me, it is more than a comedy or a drama play.  I laughed till my stomache is aching, as in ang tagal ko ng tumawa ng ganoon katindi.  Some scenes and songs penetrated through your heart, feeling "nakakarelate". I cant remember my favorite song but I remember one becky care giver "Shay" relating that "para akong alkansya na bubutasan niyo sa dibdib para hugutan ng pera".  I felt his pain.  The beckys who portrayed the care divas were bonggels! They can sing, act, dance, and be comedic at the same time.

The storyline was so real that I believe the dialogues are taking place among Pinoy OFWs somewhere, sometime...  I realized again how OFWs are the real heroes of our time.  Ang mga pinoy basta sa pamilya, gagawin kahit ano, para ka nang alipin sa ibang bansa, mataguyod mo lang ang pamilya mo sa Pilipinas...Nakakalungkot noh na dapat pa silang mangibang bansa para masuportahan ang kanilang pamilya.

That's why stories of OFWs are really close to my heart, my father also an OFW for 11 years at Saudi Arabia.  I missed him when he went away.  I felt my mother's sadness whenever he goes back to Saudi Arabia, my mother taking on the difficult role of a single parent to 4 young children.  Despite the lavish childhood that we had, I would turn back time and  lengthen the moments we spent with him during our childhood. 

Care Divas reiterated the "real heroes" of our generation.  It is the OFWs who selflessly care for their families, overcoming all the odds, and coming out of the challenges alive and humor intact.

Watch Care Divas with your girl friends and beckies at PETA theatre if you still can, you won't regret it! Choz!

                                       waiting for the show to start, of course, picturan muna...



                                After the show, the stars meet and greet their fans and audience...



                                With Chelsea, fan ba hehehe?




                                     With the phenomenal Ms. Divine Lee! wala ako dito : (
                                      (Photos by becky J-Ann Militar)


-- Wondermom A (nashy mgpapicture at pa-autograph k Ms. Divine Lee)

No comments:

Post a Comment