Monday, July 4, 2011

Kindermusik Training Begins

From my Facebook Message from God:

"On this day of your life, Aileen, we believe God wants you to know ... that a lot of things you think are important, are just urgent, but not important. Focus on what really matters.

A phone call for example is always urgent - it rings only a few times and is gone, but is often not important. If you are in the middle of something truly important - playing with kids, being present with your loved one, - do not stop just because a silly phone rings. Stay present with what's important now."

===

My family is important. My life is now in a crossroad and I am finding my exit strategy.  Let me explain my story.

I have a stable 9 to 5 job in one of the international development organizations here in the Philippines. It is financially adequate.  I dont get to travel much.  I dont do overtime.  There is less pressure compared to corporate work.  But this work takes me roughly 12 hours away from my children.  I leave the house at 7am and come home around 7pm. I am thankful for my hubby and my yayas because they provide excellent child care support.  But answering to this question" Mommy, why do you have to go to the office" has increasingly become difficult.   I have decided to find an exit strategy where I can have a more flexible time to be with my children, doing something that I am good at and will also be financially rewarding as well.  This I learned is a road less traveled.  Finding an exit strategy, finding myself, claiming back the talents that took a backseat when I went to work, got married, had children.

It is serendipity that my sister told me about Kindermusik because one of her barkada is signing up for it too.  I searched it on the Internet and I was amazed.  Being with children, teaching music, playing with toys and teaching developmental principles focusing on music and family and child development.  I'm hooked.  This is my exit strategy.  This is resurrecting my singing abilities which took a backseat.  This is claiming my love for children and music. This is it.


Sources:
http://www.kindermusik.com.ph/
http://www.kindermusik.com/




Fast forward to now, I am officially in training. I left all my doubts, fears behind.  After surviving vocal assessment last week, Kindermusick training began yesterday.  And I could not have been fortunate enough to have such a happy team. I dont know If I am allowed to blog about this, but maybe just my insights on how it went.

For me, the first session was an opening of the heart, sharing personal, personal things about yourself to a group you just met.  It should have been difficult, but I felt the group's welcoming smile and laughter and I gradually shared my story as I told you earlier.  and I listened intently to their stories as well... and I came to the conclusion that I felt "at home" there, listening and sharing. 


Kindermusik Philippines Studio




Kindermusik is a calling, as what Teacher Jeannie said.  I totally agree.  I have decided wholeheartedly to pursue it, I am claiming me as Teacher Aileen.  I am going to share my journey with you as well!

To quote Kindermusik, "because Life is too short not to love what you do!"

---Wondermom A.  (relieved, happy, pieces-coming-together-stage in my life)

1 comment:

  1. I am at almost exactly the same point in my life.. before i decided to pursue becoming a kindermusik educator. After my vocal assessment, i looked up everything i can find about kindermusik and tomorrow i'm starting my first session:-) your blog is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete