Monday, October 4, 2010

BookWorm Update: Eat Pray Love

I bought the book "Eat Pray Love" because I got interested in watching the movie soon starred by Julia Roberts. I'm a Julia Roberts fan that's why : )





It narrates Elizabeth Gilbert's travel from Italy to India to Indonesia, from nourishing her body in Italy to rejuvenating her spirit and her faith in God in India to finding love, stability and happiness in Indonesia. Actually, i'm still in the Pray part, but I already have a lot of quotable quotes that I love. I wish also that someday I can travel to my favorite countries to experience and find fulfillment just by being there. Now, it seems a bit difficult to do that because Im a mother of two toddlers, and it seems like everybody needs me to be home-based. But someday I know I'll have my time. It will be the ultimate wondermom journey. Hey! maybe I'll write about a book about it : )

Hmmmm...what will be my three countries?
Maybe Spain to Eat, Israel to Pray and Canada to Love...SEC dont forget about me : )

Sharing with you some of Elizabeth Gilbert's words that touched me somehow...

EAT
...same thing which has helped generations of Sicilians hold their dignity has helped me begin to recover mine, namely, the idea that the appreciation of pleasure can be an anchor of one's humanity...to come here to Sicily to understand Italy...

...But is it such a bad thing to live like this for just a little while? Just for a few months of one's life, is it so awful to travel through time with no greater ambition than to find the next lovely meal? Or to learn how to speak a language for no higher purpose that it pleases your ear to hear it? Or to nap in a garden, in a patch of sunlight, in the middle of the day, right next to your favorite fountain? And then to do it again the next day?...

PRAY
...The search of God is a reversal of the normal, mundane worldly order. In search of God, you revert from what attracts you and swim toward that which is difficult. You abandon your comforting and familiar habits with the hope (the mere hope!) that something greater will be offered you in return for what you've given up...

...Devotion is diligence without assurance. Faith is a way of saying "Yes, I pre-accept the terms of the universe and I embrace in advance what I am presently incapable of understanding". There's a reason we refer to "leaps of faith"-- because the decision to consent to any notion of divinity is a mighty jump from the rational to the unknowable...Faith is belief in what you cannot see or prove or touch. Faith is walking face-first and full-speed into the dark...

...Instructions For Freedom

1. Life's metaphors are God's instructions.
2. You have just climbed up and above the roof. There is nothing between you and the Infinite.
Now, let go.
3. The day is ending. Its time for something that was beautiful to turn into something else that
is beautiful. Now, let go.
4. Your wish for resolution was a prayer. Your being here is God's response. Let go, and watch
the stars come out - on the outside and on the inside.
5. With all your heart, ask for grace, and let go.
6. With all your heart, forgive him. FORGIVE. YOURSELF, and let him go.
7. Let your intention be freedom from useless suffering. Then, let go.
8. Watch the heat of day pass into the cool night. Let go.
9. When the karma of relationship is done, only love remains. It's safe. Let go.
10. When the past has passed from you at last, let go. Then climb down and begin the rest of
your life. With great joy...

I'll add my favorites on the Love section when I get there.

Have a nice day everyone!
---Wondermom A.

No comments:

Post a Comment