Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Are you going to the office?

Once she wakes up, my daughter Lia would ask me "Are you going to the office?" and based on my experience with this line of questioning, I would put on a really sad face and say "Yes, anak, hay, but I will miss you!" and she would also put on a sad face that we will leave her at home.

But now, instead of this sad face, she would really be putting a whiny answer which sounds like " grngnnsnng hmpp"...

Luther and I have exhausted our sad faces answer and we're beginning to understand that we are now again entering the separation anxiety stage that we thought we have graduated already...maybe we'll try to explain why we need to go to work from Mondays to Fridays, hoping that at 3 years old she will undertand it. Even on weekdends, she asks us if we are going to the office? and luckily, our answer is the one she wants to hear..." no anak, daddy and I will stay here with you!" A resounding "yehey! with jumping is her answer...o diba kataba ng puso, just a kid missing her dad and mom...yun lang pala : )

So I guess we should try and try to explain why we are going to the office...bakit nga ba?

No comments:

Post a Comment