Monday, October 4, 2010

Cry and the whole world cries with you!

What is it about a child crying that makes an adult go berseck and lose control? I'm no master at patience and understanding when the situation is like this.  My eldest daughter cries a lot.  She cries when she's not the center of attention,she cries when we are at home, she cries when her younger sister taunts her.

Last night, while hubby and I are eating dinner, she made that ghastly loud piercing cry, which really broke my hubby's patient demeanor.  I intervened because I took pity already.  The main reason of her crying episode, which she barely able to mutter is that ali (her sister)  "kurot me". Hay. Is this sibling rivalry already? I had to also reprimand my other daughter because its not good to hurt people.  Im sad to say that even if I read a lot of parenting books about smart parenting, what to expect the toddler years, etc. my hubby and I are always caught off guard.  I really get angry at times, much to my dismay.  I find comfort in knowing that these too shall pass.  Wishing that we come out better, wiser, and closer in faith and love!  

Have you been in this situation before? What did you do?
--Wondermom A.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment