Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Affair with Sunsets

I am amazed with sunsets.  It brings out a nostalgic, haunting, mystical feeling in me.  Since 2006, I have been trying to capture its beauty when I travel around the country.  From so-so shots inside a bus to simply amazing photos while the sun goes down...

Let me introduce you to my affair...

It all started in Sagada going to Baguio, seeing golden Benguet, I am motivated to write a poem about its grandeur, sadly I did not.  But I was able to capture its beauty albeit inside a moving mini-bus.  I promise, I'll be back to do you justice.


    Benguet (Hi-way going to Baguio), May 2006






Sunset (or something close to it) in Panglao Island, Bohol on a rainy November, 2007




  Catching my breath while capturing the sunset at People's Park in the Sky, Tagaytay, June 2008




  Stealing the sunset using a videocam at Candelaria, Zambales, December 2009


  Hiding somewhere, nevertheless, the sun simply sets in Boardwalk, Subic, June 2010

The next two are two of my most treasured memories...

  Everything gold is precious, Boracay, May 2010


  The sun sets while the memory lives on forever in Coron town, Busuanga Island, May 2011.

I might have some regrets not using a professional camera, but nevertheless, my memory of its beauty remains. 

The best is yet to come.


--Wondermom A.

No comments:

Post a Comment