Thursday, January 28, 2010

Book worm

I've always loved books. I've got a collection of books by different authors...Michael Crichton, Erich Segal, John Grisham, Danielle Steele, JK Rowling, Paulo Coehlo, etc. I have travel books, lifestyle books, investment books, among others. The love of books I got maybe from my father who also loves reading. My sisters all love to read and buy books, magazines and stuff. Imagine our house full of books, but without a decent library or book corner. : (

Anyway, I read books for my entertainment, to increase my knowledge, live out a fantasy, and even understand myself and what I am feeling.

Right now, I am in the mood to understand myself more. Nothing beats a good book when you're down, and in the "me against the world" feeling.

I would like to get a book this Valetine's day...hint..hint. Beats getting expensive flowers and chocolates this valentine's day (but would accept if someone will give them hehe)

Here's my list:

1 The Road Less Traveled: A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth by M. Scott Peck



2. Positive Thinking Every Day: An Inspiration for Each Day of the Year by Norman Vincent Peale



3. How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie



4. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold



All available in any Powerbooks outlet. Visit Powerbooks online!

In the near future, I would love to have a part time job in a bookstore...I dont know what kind of job, but I welcome the idea of being inside the bookstore, minding the books, knowing clients' preferences, guiding them on what to buy...smelling coffee inside a bookstore, being surrounded by knowledge and ideas just waiting to be read and absorbed.

Someday, I'll have my own bookstore : )...definitely someday!

1 comment: