Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Home Inspiration: 33 Shades of Green Home Tour

I follow a lot of blogs about interior design and renovation.  I particularly liked  Remodelaholic because their blog is about DIY at its finest.  I envy their talent and passion for creating something beautiful out of the ordinary and sometimes, even out of something trashy and ugly-looking.  One feature of their blog is inviting bloggers to share their own DIY home improvement, inspiring more readers to do the same. 

Recently, Remodelaholic featured a fellow blogger 33shadesofgreen, an interior designer by profession.  She gave a photo tour of her home, which was tastefully designed and warmly decorated.

Here are some of the pictures that I love and inspired me to further improve my own home : )


I like the kitchen because of its wide space, well-planned storage and cabinets and its location, where you can see everything (living room, dining room) while you're in the kitchen.


I want a screen porch in my dream house someday... I can imagine me drinking tea and reading a book, and just enjoying the breeze here.  I love the combination of colors from orange throw pillows to peach carpet and black and gray sofa set.

Plants for me are always a great interior accessory.  It makes the place alive and warm!  I need to plan a trip to Manila Seedling Bank in Quezon Avenue and buy my own indoor plants. 



Another wish is to have my own craft room, where I can do my sewing, scrapbooking, DIY projects and other sorts of stuff that working moms do on their rare day off :  )


Check out their blogs so you can be inspired more!

P.S. will post soon the before and after pictures of my home :  )

- Wondermom A.

5 comments:

  1. hi wondermom!

    I also like to have a screen porch fronting the garden. it makes me closer to nature without being pestered by mosquitoes:)

    looking forward to see your before-and-after home photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feature! I think the house is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There! Thanks so much for featuring my house on your blog - so sweet of you!

    Alissa
    www.33shadesofgreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi jann tnx for your comment! blog about before and after photos in progress : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi remodelaholic and alissa, thanx for dropping by my blog...so inspired by your blogs : ) will post before and after photos, but renovation is not done by me but my contractor and interior designer, but the ideas came from me!

    ReplyDelete